Wednesday 11 February 2015

Week 40 - Transfers! (8/18)

Feb 3rd 2015

Last night was awesome! We taught our new investigator Victor. He.. is ... GOLDEN!!! He was constantly asking these amazing questions of the soul. The spirit was so strong. At the end of the lesson he committed to reading the Book of Mormon and preying about it and Joseph Smith. Then we invited him to be baptized. He said "of course, if it's true" And we know that it is! So I have a lot of faith that he will enter the waters of baptism.


Feb 8th 2015

Transfers: (A 4 week transfer for a Pacific 

Elder Katta...STAYING
Me...STAYING!

6 months in Camp Hill! Half my mission is pretty well gone! Only in two areas as well! I really look forward to what the Lord has in store for me over the next 8 weeks. Hopefully I can manage a baptism in this area before I do eventually leave. I am pretty excited to stay in the ward!


Feb 10th 2015

We taught Victor again last night. As we sat down with him and Richard, our fellowship and the Young Men's President, Vic said, “hold on a sec guys.” He came back holding a mug and exclaimed, "gotta have my evening coffee!" We all knew that our original lesson-plan of salvation was going to be changed. As we taught the Word of Wisdom he didn't seem too confident at first. Then Richard said something pretty powerful, "These two represent the Savior of the world. If Christ was sitting in front of you and asked you to quit drinking coffee, would you?" Victor replies with "Of course I would, and I will stop as of now." When we went to close our meeting, Victor prayed and pleaded for the powers of Heaven to be able to eradicate his addiction to sin. It was an incredible experience. I am so glad I didn't get transferred so I can continue to teach Victor!




No comments:

Post a Comment