Sunday 22 March 2015

Week 46 Mate!

March 23, 2015

Had a pretty solid weekend! There is a less-active family that we have been working with since I got here. The ward and previous missionaries have been trying to re-activate them for years now. We had a very powerful lesson with them Friday evening. It started with Elder Katta reading 3 Nephi 18: 6-8 (about the Atonement and the Sacrament) then testified and it brought in the strongest Spirit. I then asked an inspired question "Why do you think we are here?" The husband answered with "You want us to take the sacrament." He was completely right. After a good chat the husband said "This week I will make my best effort to.. no... I will come to church on Sunday. And they did! Everyone was so happy to see them! It was amazing.

Then to top it off we had a special Easter Musical Fireside focused on the Saviour. In which Elder Katta performed, in his own language, a song he composed and wrote himself! Up until a few weeks back, I had NO idea he could sing or play instruments. It's always the quiet ones you gotta look out for. Not only that but he is self-taught.... Soooo not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment