Sunday 20 July 2014

Week 11

July 19th 2014 
 
My Testimony 
 
I have always been told and said it a few times myself, Satan works the hardest on you right before your mission. I can now say that is not entirely true. This has been the hardest 3 months of my life. But it's also been the best 3 months of my life. If you can win the battles you have with the adversary, you become so much stronger and more prepared for the next one. With the power of God flowing through your veins, no hill is too steep, no bike ride too long, no person too rude, and no opposition too great to drag you down to the point where you give up. So if you feel like giving up, don't. Pray, read the words of God, listen to your favourite hymn. Don't give up at any aspect of your life because Heavenly Father's love, and the Saviours as well, is the most powerful thing to ever exist. If you truly rely on Christ's Atonement nothing is impossible. The fight is hard. This life, the path to salvation, is never easy. But you can make it. I testify of the love of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. In the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.
 
 
This week has been amazing! We have had so much success. We have 3 baptismal dates, 10 potentials, and 7 new investigators. Not only that but we had 3 less actives come to church on Sunday. We are teaching a a family of 8 now which is really fun and crazy. I was on trade off with Elder Herry and there were some teenagers hanging out at the park so I decided we should talk to them. As I said hello, they responded with "Hey Elders!" At first I was kind of confused but as I spoke more to them I learned that they were taught by the Sister Missionaries in Park Ridge ward. So I got there address and Elder Kreth and I went and followed up with their mother a few days later. She told us that her husband is a less active member that hasn't gone to church in over 20 years! So 
yesterday we were able to go and teach all 6 children, the mother and father, a very powerful restoration lesson. They also fed us so that's always appreciated. They are going to be great to teach.
 
I also hit my 3 month mark in two days... scary how fast time goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment