Sunday 12 October 2014

Week 23 - Using The Atonement & General Conference

October 10th 2014

I have been struggling a bit the past few weeks. It seems like just about everything has been opposing me. I pondered how things could get better. Then it came to me while we were having our zone meeting. It's something I have known all this time but I have failed to open my eyes. I have to use the Atonement to better myself. I can only change myself, not my circumstances. That is the power of the sacrifice of Christ. We are instructed to go into General Conference with a question. My question is: How can I more fully access the Atonement?

October 11th 2014


General Conference! What a glorious day! I didn't realize how awesome conference was until today. Just a few insights from today: I LOVED Elder Robbin's talk on remembering which way we face. I love a good rebuking every now and then. It applies 110% with EVERYTHING I will ever do in life. Self-contentment vs. self-improvement. Elder Klebingat's 6 Steps to Growing in Spiritual Confidence: 1. Responsibility for your spiritual self; 2. Responsibility for your physical self; 3. Embrace volutary, exact obedience; 4. Become good at repenting quickly and thoroughly; 5. Become good at forgiving; 6. Accept trials as they come. Christ is anxious to help us become stronger for when we meet our Father. Quentin L. Cook's theme of not "showing up" to things. Being prepared for everything that we will have to do in life. President Uchtdorf's talks on being central on focusing on self-improvement. President Monson speaking on being with a purpose. Always steering yourself in the right direction. Lastly, President Eyring speaking on prepatory priesthood companions. As I listened to his talk I reflected on my companions throughout my preparation and the things these honourable men have taught me. In no particular order, I dedicate my love and appreciation to the following men of God; my father, Scott Bullock. My Young Men’s leaders; Bob Richards, Joel Bancroft, Jared Bancroft, Justin Morton and Bishop Tomasta. My Bishops, Bishop Anderson, Bishop Prince and Bishop Rausch. Lastly, my home-teaching companions and Sunday School teachers, Jared Saffran, Jeff Bancroft, and President Prince. Your diligence and acts of faith and charity have touched and changed me into the young Melchizedek Priesthood holder I am this day. Thank you. I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Logan for sharing your experience . I love reading what you have to say as well with all the other missionaries and escpecially first thing on Monday Morning, because its a great way to start the day . ~ R

    ReplyDelete