Sunday 10 August 2014

Week 14 - Baptism! A day as me!

August 6th 2014

A day in the life of Elder Bullock. Wake up, pray, exercise, shower and eat. Personal study and companionship study. Leave flat and bike 15k to area. Start knocking doors for 4 hours. 20 doors slammed, 8 people swearing and yelling, 31 people not interested, 1 person trying to tear us down, 1 person kind of interested. Go and follow up with 8 people who said they might be interested. All 8 not interested. Go and visit less active member, bless sick child. Go to 2 investigator appointments. 1 telling us not to come around. 1 wants to get baptized. Go to members house for dinner, share spiritual thought and play games with the kids. Start bike ride back to the flat. 50k total. Person throwing beer bottles at me while biking. Get back to the flat. Plan for tomorrow, change, eat dinner, pray, sleep. 6:30 AM alarm.

August 8th 2014

This mission is crazy. So far I have given away a Book of Mormon in Serbian, Tongan, Japanese, Samoan, Cambodian, and Korean!

August 9th 2014

Woohoo! Michelle is baptized! It was an awesome experience. I was very fortunate to be able to help bring another soul unto Christ.  The Holy Ghost was so powerful while troubles nothing could stop us from baptizing! The baptismal dress went missing, the TV remote for our video presentation was locked up and the font overflowed but everything still went well after dealing with those problems.

August 10th 2014


What an incredible day. I had the amazing opportunity to complete the baptismal ordinance with confirming Michelle a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and giving her the Gift of the Holy Ghost. The spirit was so strongly felt; I could barely speak to give the blessing. I was literally a gateway to Heaven as I gave her the blessing.  I felt the Holy Ghost pass through my chest to my fingers. I cannot even begin to describe the immense joy that I felt as I did the same things Christ him self have done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment