Sunday 4 May 2014

MTC Life

Day 2

We received our assignments today. I am the online coordinator. Elder Price my companion and is the sacrament leader. Elder Carter is the district leader, and Elder Wheeler is the next zone leader. I am also the senior companion. I took so many notes today that my hand is sore. I look forward to teaching my investigators. 3 Nephi 11:41, 2 Nephi 32:3, 3 Nephi 9:20-22, D&C 11:21, 3 Nephi 27:13-14     LOVE LOVE LOVE is the key to doing anything here in the MTC.

Day 3

Last night something major happened. I noticed Elder Wheeler kneeling in prayer late last night. I could also hear him crying. Being me, I was concerned so I approached him and asked him whats up. He told me he just prayed to know who to give him a blessing of comfort, then he asked me to do it. So we took a chair and headed out of the room. He told me his concerns about his new assignment and then his full name. I gave him the blessing. It was my first blessing but I knew it wasn't me blessing him, it was Heavenly Father. I was just the messenger. I just spoke and spoke and can hardly remember what was said, but man, was it ever powerful. I have never felt closer to Jesus Christ than that time. Later that day we talked with the sisters about that experience and about priesthood blessings. We continued with personal study. The about an hour later the three of them enter the class room again after leaving. Sister Sullivan asked me for a priesthood blessing of comfort. She also asked Elder Wheeler to participate. After the blessing she told us that she was ready to go home, but that blessing from Heavenly Father changed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment